Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Entry 1 - Nov. 2, 2005

Hey, yet another knitting diary (i.e. blog)! What a waste of bandwith, you say? Probably. But hey, it's the American way to waste resources. *ahem*

I've just learned to knit and so far have nothing to show for it. My work in progress is a simple everyday bag from "Knitting for Dummies". Quite actually a pretty good book and detailed as well. I went to my local yarn store and bought some purple Plymouth Encore to start. Later, I wanted more yarn to play with, so I bought two more skeins of Plymouth Encore (vareigated dark blue and a denim like blue) and different size needles. A few visits to other yarn shops and several purchases later, I have probably now a dozen skeins of different colors and needles of a few different sizes, but still no finished objects. Terrible, isn't?

I've also joined a knit-a-long and scarf exchange for the first time. I told myself I could use the motivation, and I like the idea of sending someone a gift overseas. It works better for me, to learn this hobby if I had a set goal in mind. Before, I would just idly pick up needles, work on a few rows, set it down and do something else. I hope I do a good job with this scarf since I will be making it for someone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home