Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Entry 11 - So I basically finished my purse, but I have yet to block it, attempt a mattress stitch up the sides, and attach the I-cord strap. I bought some nice burgundy purple flower print fabric to line the inside, but I don't have a button yet. I plan to go to Michael's to look for some.

Meanwhile, I've casted on another project for the past week. I've finally started my Multidirectional Scarf in Artyarns Supermerino Colorway #123. Initially, I was having trouble getting beyond the first triangle, but now I've gotten the hang of it. The pattern deceptively looks complicated on first read to my newbie eyes, but once I started to get used to it, it was extremely easy.

This yarn is so fantastic! No annoying pills or weird bumps along the way with this yarn that I experienced with Plymouth Encore, although maybe I just got a bad skein of Encore. I can truly see the difference in quality though, with the more expensive Supermerino. The vareigated blue, green and purple hues that travel along the yarn also make knitting very visually interesting and fun. Eventually, I'll get around to posting some pictures. *ahem* I have to post at least one picture of my finished MD Scarf so I can get the free patterns. :)

I kind of wished I had casted on for a wider scarf though. 4 inches wide seems a little too skinny to my eye, but I was afraid of deviating from the pattern too much. Anyway, I'm almost done with the 2nd triangle. 6 more triangles to go! Then, I'll "attempt" to attach fringe. I'm also considering sending this scarf to my secret pal who is a fan of color. Although, when I read those questionnaires, the Cables or lace question kind of confuses me. Does it mean the pal wants cables only type scarf or a lace type scarf, if specified? Would she be amenable to multidirectional scarves as well? I think it would be a good gift, but I don't want to disappoint anyone if they expect cables only scarf or a lace type scarf.

After this MD scarf is finished, I'm seriously thinking of attempting a variation on this scarf called the Short Row Rib Scarf. I'm tired of doing garter stitch all the time (the MD Scarf is essentially a garter stitch short row scarf).

2 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

Hi - just found your blog from the ISE blog. I'm knitting the MagKnits Short Row Rib scarf at the moment - using variegated yarn. I'm really enjoying it - it's very easy to keep track of, and grows quickly (although I think I would get bored if I didn't have the changing colours to watch - I've got a bit of a short attention span!). Which MD one are you doing now?

2:22 PM  
Blogger Two-Socks said...

I'm doing the simple Multidirectional Triangle Scarf found in Iris Scherier's Modular Knits book. It's really just triangles ascending along the scarf, starting first with a right angle triangle and followed by equilateral triangles in the middle of the pattern. The scarf is finished by another right angle triangle. I'll post a picture as soon as I'm finished.

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home