Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Entry 8 - Nov. 15, 2005

I received my secret scarf exchange pal yesterday. Simultaneously, I felt thrilled and a little nervous. Some of those scarf questionnaires asked for cables or lace which is something I've never attempted at (still at Garter Stitch, folks!). Anyhow, it's not due till Feb. 2006, so plenty of time to learn, I guess till then. Hope there won't be too much frogging...

Speaking of frogging, I had to rip up my entire purse strap, because I realized I was doing it wrong. I was trying to do the I-cord, but couldn't figure it out, so I did it the old fashion way, turning my work using garter stitch. I had a good foot length of nice flat garter stitches. Then, out of curiosity, I decided to look on the Internet to see if there was a video of the I-cord method and I did find it! The Knitting for Dummies book tried to describe it in text form, but it wasn't much help to me. Thank goodness for the Internet. :) So, now, I'm going to use the I-cord method the correct way and make a nice purse strap. Find the video here at this link:

http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/basic_techniques/misc.php

It's already Nov. 15 and I promised myself I would try to do the Multidirectional Knitalong finished by the due date (11/30/05) so I can get a free pattern. I haven't even casted on yet. *sigh* I did buy the yarn though, although I do not have US #7 needles. I knit pretty tightly though, so I was considering using my double pointed US #8 needles. Or, maybe it's another excuse to visit a local yarn shop. :) Anyhow, I can't wait for this silly purse to get finished so I can proudly show a finished object on this plain-looking blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home