Thursday, November 17, 2005

Entry 9 - Nov. 17, 2005

More progress done on my purse strap with the I-cord method. It's now starting to look more like a cord, rather than a flat piece of fabric. I've already gotten about half of it done. I must knit pretty tightly though because my hands feel cramped. I worry somewhat about the first stitch of each row becoming too loose and baggy where my I-cord will look less than neat. I already have a few lumps down the line that look a bit uneven, but I've decided to live with it. After I block this cord, perhaps it will look better. I'm so excited now because I've almost used up my first skein of yarn (Plymouth Encore, color: light purple, 200 yds - 100g). Yay! I feel so proud. :)

I'm most worried about getting carpal tunnel with this new knitting kick I've been on. Before, my hands have always been pretty tolerant of the abuse I've given it (writing, piano playing, computer work), but now with all these people I sometimes see with casts on their hands after surgery, it worries me somewhat. Acquiring arthritis would be very bad...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home