Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Wednesday, Jan. 25, 2006 - The End of the Scarf Exchange


Yay, for pictures! Finally! Although, sorry for the grainy look of the photo, but my camera phone isn't too fancy. 640 x 480 resolution with no ability to zoom, unfortunately. I posted a close up photo, too:


As you can see in this picture, the details are a little better.
This scarf was garter stitch triangles with short row multidirectional turning, based off a free pattern you receive if you join the Yahoo! groups Multidirectional knitting group. The scarf was really easy to make, but still took me two weeks to knit it. Mostly because of false starts while I learned the technique. Like I said in previous posts, it was knit with Artyarns Supermerino #123 - 3 hanks of it. A vareigated yarn with blues, purples, greens. I used the Artyarns Silk Ribbon #123 for the fringe, and I've really liked how it turned out.

This is going to my Secret Scarf Exchange pal, most likely. I thought about sending this to someone else, but I'm worried that if I try to knit another scarf now, I won't make the deadline for the end of the exchange.

I initally had made it as long as the pattern specified, with just two hanks of yarn. However, it knit up to just 45-ish inches which seems short for a scarf to my eye and the scarf was kind of skinny to me. I tried wearing it and thought what if my pal wanted to wrap around herself twice around the neck? So, I bought another hank and knitted some more to a total of around 60 inches. I am much happier with the results and the fringe was a lot of fun to make, even if it is probably unnecessary. I can wrap this around my neck twice and it looks a lot better. I hope she likes it. Likely will go today or tomorrow in the mail.

I wonder if I should try investing in a digital camera? I think my pictures are showing up too dark and dreary. The problem is I really don't take many pictures. However, I've looked at some of these cameras on the market and they look very tempting.

I haven't received my own scarf yet, but I'm looking forward to the day when that happens. I'm so excited that it's almost over. It seems time just flew by so fast! My next knitalong, I'm thinking about joining the Knitting Olympics. Sounds like fun! This is hosted by Yarn Harlot. I wonder what I could knit in two weeks though without frustrating myself? Hmm.

4 Comments:

Blogger M Kathryn Adkins said...

that looks great!

11:39 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

I sent you your scarf over a month ago and I was wondering if you have recieved it yet.

10:00 AM  
Blogger Two-Socks said...

No, I'm sorry, katie. I never received it. I don't know what happened. I live in an apartment though so sometimes getting parcels here is kind of difficult.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Thank you so very much!! I love my scarf! I haven't taken it off! It is so soft! Thank you!!

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home