Saturday, August 19, 2006

Entry 29: Hitting Two KAL's with one Knit

For Project Spectrum... a photo in black and white...concerning a white hat, on a dark-haired chica.



For the Amazing Lace... a technicolor photo of the actual hat...side profile. The lace holes I knit seem to be smaller than the hat photo from Knitty, but ah well.



Techie info:
Pattern: Zigzag Hat by Vernoik Avery from Knitty
Yarn: Two balls of Lana Gatto Feeling (Merino wool, silk cashmere)
Needles: #6 Addi Turbo's
Time: July-Aug '06

Not only does cashmere blend yarn feel niiice to work with. It feels comfy on the head. Too bad we're in the middle of summer!

I also sent my bag to my Tote Exchange Pal and she just received it last Thursday. She told me she loved it! Yay! Another satisfied secret pal! I guess I shouldn't have worried so much.

Emboldened by that success, I've decided to join another KAL...no Two more!

International Scarf Exchange 3

Second Sock Syndrome Swap

I also want to knit something for Afghans for Afghans.

I was pretty good for awhile. I had no (U)n(F)inished (O)bjects. I kept my projects to one or two at a time... Now it seems like I've accumulated projects again!

1)For ISE 3: Maybe Midwest Moonlight or Spiral Scarf from Knitting Nature. Depends on who my scarf exchange recipient is. I was strongly considering some of my Blue Heron Yarn or perhaps Artyarns Supermerino for the Spirals.

2)For Second Sock Syndrome: My first pair of socks! Well, one sock anyway. I'm going to knit a Jaywalker Sock and send it to my future recipient. I have some Regia ready just for the occasion.

3)Spartan Pullover for Afghans for Afghans. Due date is by late Sept. Hopefully I can finish this sweater in time. I have Cascade 220 set aside for just this project.

4)Zigzag sweater - Still thinking about this sweater! I think now that I am comfortable with the stitch pattern, I can knit the sweater with confidence. I think I'm going to knit with some Karabella Majestic and see how that turns out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

I've been obsessing on and off for the last year or so about the Zigzag sweater...

4:15 AM  
Blogger Two-Socks said...

Me too! I'm going to knit one of these days as soon as these projects are done...

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home