Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Entry 31 - At Both Ends of the Spectrum - Purple and Red



Here is a little swatch I just made for the Second Sock Syndrome Swap. Yes! I know I'm rather late. But I probably swatched three other times, looking for a good sock to knit with the right color. First I started with blue...then white...then brown..and finally settled on this lovely red varigated color. I'm not saying what the sock is, but the swatch is a good preview, no? I also had to find the right needle size. My initial gauge was 8 stitches to the inch on DPN's 2's when I needed 7 stitches to the inch. I am now using DPN's 3's, Clover Bamboo. I hope to now complete this sock before the end of the month. I should because I don't want to keep my pal waiting.

In other news, here is a new sweater I started for Afghans for Afghans:


Spartan Pullover - child size from Interweave Knits.



My first Fair Isle!



Done by the stranding method! See my floats?

Note to self: I need to choose better lighting because the colors as pictured above are not true to life, in my opinion. Much too orangy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Grace said...

I didn't see your comment on my blog until today. You brought up some good points and I posted a follow-up comment.

Two-socks, I agree with you about the rebuttal. It looked like it was hastily thrown together without much research. For all I know, Forbes may have given her a 10 minute deadline.

There are people who have given this issue much thought. People who have done research that can be verified. However, those people are obviously not in the rolodexes of the lazy media (or the media on extremely short deadlines).

AAAS, the published a study about the status of women in science in their magazine, Science. Their study showed that 80% of women w/ PhDs in physical science were married to men with PhDs in physical science or engineering. (Or something like that. I can't remember how they made their distinctions.) 80% of the female scientists in their sample had the two-body problem. Don't tell me that was not considered worthy of follow-up work.

http://badmomgoodmom.blogspot.com/2006/08/dont-marry-career-men.html

10:41 AM  
Blogger Zaz said...

hello,
first fair isle? wow it really is beautiful!
hello,
i knit the target mits and the sideways open cardigan from yarn i bought from the hills in bretagne, france. you can check them at my blog here:
http://zazeway.blogspot.com/2008/02/knitting-nature-interpretations.html#links
i hope you like them.

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home