Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Entry 34 - Spoilers (You have been warned...)

It's done... My first sock.



I love the color, the feel of the sock, the stitch pattern... Wish I could keep it.


Techie info:

Pattern: Jeannie Townsend's Maple Leaf Socks
Link: http://www.menknit.net/mag.html - from Issue #2 (winter)
Yarn: Mountain Colors Bearfoot in Rosehips colorway - one half hank?
Needles: Clover Bamboo Double Pointed Needles US#1 (stitch pattern, leg, and heel), US #0 for foot length
Techniques: Kitchener toe, Knit Cuff/leg down, Traditional Heel Flap
Size: For Women's size 8 foot (10 inches length; about 8 inch foot circumference)


Comments: I built some (hopefully) negative ease in the foot length to make it a rather snug fitting sock around the foot because I was somewhat dismayed by how wide the leg was. However, I have only my foot to compare, not my sock pal's so I hope it will fit her. It's my first sock though so I hope she'll forgive me. :) I think I made my Kitchener Toe too tight, but I also ended up with almost not enough yarn to close the toe, so I pulled the yarn really hard (oops!). Still, I think it's tolerable. Ah well, I still think it's not bad for a first try.

I LOVE this sock on my foot. The sock is really comfy even though it's a bit too big for me. Alas. You are meant for another.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mandy said...

That is a very lovely sock! I love that yarn that your using!!

12:43 PM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

Thank you so much -- I'm sorry I missed you! The sock (and yarn) is gorgeous and we're enjoying the chocolate right now. Thanks again!

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home