Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Socktoberfest Survey

When did you start making socks?

At the beginning of this Second Sock Syndrome Swap, early September of this year.

Did you teach yourself or were you taught by a friend or relative? or in a class?

Self-taught.

What was your first pair? How have they "held up" over time?

I don't know. I haven't even made a 'pair'. You'll have to ask my Second Sock Syndrome swap partner if my sock has held up over time. She has the first sock I have ever made. :)

What would you have done differently?

Used DPN Clover 0's all the way through my sock. I first started with 3's..then 2's..then 1's...now I'm at 0's. I think it's because I was worried the sock was going to be too big. More attention to sizing is what I'm getting at.

What yarns have you particularly enjoyed?

Regia and Mountain Colors Bearfoot. I think I like the Bearfoot the best so far. It's darn expensive though.

Do you like to crochet your socks? or knit them on DPNs, 2 circulars, or using the Magic Loop method?

I've only done DPN's so far.

Which kind of heel do you prefer? (flap? or short-row?)

I've only done flap so far.

How many pairs have you made?

er... one half? O:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home